I received two very kind awards over the past couple weeks.
The rules for accepting each award are identical:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link.
- Copy and paste the award logo to your blog.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and notify them.
I am going to combine these two awards and bend the rules a bit—otherwise I wouldn’t get back to my regular writing (which has already been too slow lately).
Seven things about me:
- I am a member of the Jane Austen Society of North America (JASNA).
- My favorite Austen novel is Pride and Prejudice, because it makes me laugh out loud. “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.”
- But Persuasion is a close second, a much more mature novel. “You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope.” (Ah, be still, my heart!)
- I started reading Unfinished Desires: A Novel by Gail Godwin, but couldn’t finish it. Snooze fest.
- Now I am reading Henning Mankell’s The Troubled Man, a Kurt Wallander novel (you may have seen the adaptations on Masterpiece Mystery—looks like a new set coming up in September!). Mankell tends to focus on social issues and can get a bit dense at times, but I find his work pretty intriguing.
- I studied Swedish in college (very rusty now), so I get into Scandinavian mystery/thrillers like the Wallander series and Stieg Larsson’s books. I think it’s because I feel cool knowing how to pronounce the names.
- The chicken coop is almost done. 🙂
For the One Lovely Blog Award, I nominate:
- http://lovernebrown.wordpress.com/ – I want to call out this blog specifically. LoVerne Brown (1912-2000) would be 100 this year. I was not familiar with her poetry until I found this site. I am grateful her work is being shared—it is lovely and thought-provoking.
For the Beautiful Blogger Award, I nominate:
Enjoy their blogs!