Susan Daniels recently nominated me for the Inspiring Blogger award. As I said to Susan, I’d like to send it right back her direction, because I am so impressed with the volume and quality of her writing. Thank you to Susan for the very kind compliment.
The rules, as I understand them: if you accept the award, thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog, tell seven things about yourself, and then nominate 15 more blogs for the award. Here goes.
Seven things about me:
- I am currently reading The E-Myth Revisited. It’s about entrepreneurs and the mistakes they typically make. I’ve heard of it so many times I thought I’d better give it a look-see. Mediocre writing, but good business concepts.
- I get irritated by business books that tell “stories.” Who Moved My Cheese? is the worst offender.
- I am a rower and a coxswain. I met my husband through the Des Moines Rowing Club. We mostly row on our ergs in the basement now. It’s just not the same as being on the water…
- We had a friend visit for the weekend. Thank goodness for company or the house would never get thoroughly cleaned.
- I made one batch of tomato soup and one batch of tomato sauce yesterday, and would have made more if I hadn’t run out of onions and tomato paste.
- I have red leather desk accessories. 🙂
- My favorite affirmation these days is “I am an endless source of creativity!” It helps me get unstuck when working on troublesome poems.
15 blogs that inspire me:
- Fighting with Faith
- SuzieQ Cottage
- Sell, Lead, Succeed!
- Linguistic Legerdemain
- frangipani singaporenicum
- henry’s home for wandering trees
- Charles Gupton