Susan Daniels recently nominated me for the Inspiring Blogger award. As I said to Susan, I’d like to send it right back her direction, because I am so impressed with the volume and quality of her writing. Thank you to Susan for the very kind compliment.
The rules, as I understand them: if you accept the award, thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog, tell seven things about yourself, and then nominate 15 more blogs for the award. Here goes.
Seven things about me:
- I am currently reading The E-Myth Revisited. It’s about entrepreneurs and the mistakes they typically make. I’ve heard of it so many times I thought I’d better give it a look-see. Mediocre writing, but good business concepts.
- I get irritated by business books that tell “stories.” Who Moved My Cheese? is the worst offender.
- I am a rower and a coxswain. I met my husband through the Des Moines Rowing Club. We mostly row on our ergs in the basement now. It’s just not the same as being on the water…
- We had a friend visit for the weekend. Thank goodness for company or the house would never get thoroughly cleaned.
- I made one batch of tomato soup and one batch of tomato sauce yesterday, and would have made more if I hadn’t run out of onions and tomato paste.
- I have red leather desk accessories. 🙂
- My favorite affirmation these days is “I am an endless source of creativity!” It helps me get unstuck when working on troublesome poems.
15 blogs that inspire me:
- Fighting with Faith
- SuzieQ Cottage
- Sell, Lead, Succeed!
- Linguistic Legerdemain
- frangipani singaporenicum
- henry’s home for wandering trees
- Charles Gupton
12 thoughts on “Inspiring Blogger Award”
My sister-in-law was a coxswain. Loved it. She participated in some big event in Britain (whatever it’s called). She still has friends in the community.
Oxford-Cambridge race, maybe? That would be very cool. I am a decent coxswain, but definitely not up to those standards!!! Hoping to catch a little Olympic rowing soon… 🙂
Thanks again for the shout out Karin! I really appreciate it…. 🙂
And your blog today was especially inspiring!! Thank you!
Hi Karin! Thanks for thinking of me. I don’t know how I feel about awards, but I do know that it’s lovely of you to think of me and lovely for me to get to know you. I’ll figure this stuff out ==in the meantime, thanks again. k.
I completely understand the ambivalence. Whether you “accept” the award or not, I will keep reading your beautiful blog!
Thanks so much! k.
PS – I know what you mean about guests! I have some expected! k.
Karen–you know I think this is well-earned! Thanks for doing what you do so well. Your love of language is contagious!
Thank you, Susan. It has been a lovely surprise to find such a community of support! I had no idea I would find that when I started my blog. 🙂
Thanks for including me on your list. You’ve been such an inspiration and encouragement. I’m delighted by your growth and success as your writing take hold in the hearts of your community.